- Dale Craymer
- Mr. Craymer has been TTARA’s President since September 2009, when he was promoted from his position as Chief Economist. A graduate of the University of Texas’ Plan II program, with a Master’s degree in Economics, Mr. Craymer served as Chief Revenue Estimator under Comptroller Bob Bullock and was Budget Director for Texas Governor Ann Richards as well as Deputy Director under Governor George W. Bush. He is a member of Texas’ Business Tax Advisory Committee and the National Taxpayers Conference, and has previously served on the executive boards of both the National Association of State Budget Officers and the Council of Governor's Policy Advisors.
- Jennifer Rabb
- Vice President
- Ms. Rabb provides strategic and policy leadership for TTARA. Prior to joining the association, she was a fellow at the Baker Institute for Public Policy and previously served as tax policy advisor to the Lt. Governor of Texas, clerk of the Texas House Ways and Means Committee, and tax policy director for the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts. Jennifer holds a J.D. from The University of Texas School of Law and an LL.M. in Taxation from Southern Methodist University's Dedman School of Law. As an attorney in private practice, she represented taxpayers on state and local tax matters for more than 15 years.
- John Kennedy
- Senior Analyst
- Mr. Kennedy leads TTARA's work on sales and excise taxes and state tax administration, as well as providing support to our work on property taxes. He has authored studies on numerous aspects of Texas’ fiscal practice and agency administration during a career of more than 49 years with TTARA and the predecessor to the TTARA Research Foundation. He has served on the Board of Trustees and as Chairman of the Governmental Research Association. Mr. Kennedy is an honors graduate of the University of Texas with a B.A. in economics and a J.D. from the University of Texas School of Law. He also completed graduate work at the University of Texas School of Business.
- Sheryl Pace
- Senior Analyst
- Ms. Pace leads TTARA’s activities related to public school education, with particular emphasis on school finance and its relationship to local property taxes. With over 30 years experience as a policy researcher and analyst, she is recognized as one of the business sector's leading authorities on school finance and is frequently called on to advise public officials and citizen groups. Ms. Pace attended the University of Texas at Austin where she majored in Business Administration. She is the author of An Introduction to School Finance in Texas, winner of the prestigious Governmental Research Association’s award for Most Effective Education.
- Carl Walker
- Senior Analyst
- Mr. Walker leads TTARA’s work on property tax. Previously, he served as the Property Tax Manager for Anadarko Petroleum Corp., where he worked for over 15 years. During his time at Anadarko he served in various roles prior to his manager position. He has experience in property tax appraisal, compliance, and tax policy review, including reviews of local jurisdiction tax rates and budgets. Mr. Walker has prior experience in severance tax and state & local income/franchise tax. He is a certified public accountant and received his BBA in Accounting, Finance, and Real Estate from Baylor University.
- Frank Battle
- Mr. Battle is consulting for TTARA on a contract basis through June of 2023, covering state tax issues and assisting with TTARA’s state tax meetings. He previously served as general counsel for Speaker Joe Straus, and has a long record in state government, having also worked for Comptroller Bob Bullock, Lt. Governor Bill Hobby, Speaker Pete Laney, Lt. Governor David Dewhurst, and the Texas Association of School Boards. He holds BA, MPA, and JD degrees from the University of Texas at Austin and is a licensed attorney.
- Ryan Ash
- Communications Director
- For over a decade, Mr. Ash has had primary responsibility for facilitating the dissemination of information to our membership, policymakers and the general public. In doing so, he maintains the TTARA website, manages the daily news service, organizes and oversees arrangements and fundraising for special events, manages a complex legislative bill tracking system and readies reports and presentations for release or publication. He graduated from Texas State University with a bachelor’s degree in Public Administration.
- Angela Dowell
- Director Membership & Marketing
- Ms. Dowell leads TTARA’s membership and retention strategies, as well as marketing initiatives. Previously she was the Meetings and Events Manager for the Hospitality Financial Technology Professionals where she worked for five years in program management, marketing and served as the lead staff liaison for their North American and Middle East education program. She has also worked for the Texas Association of Counties as their judicial project coordinator, where she co-managed their education programs for the Texas County Judges. She also worked for Texas Water Utilities Association for 15 years in a variety of endeavors. She is a member of the Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA), and the Texas Society of Association Executives (TSAE). She is a graduate of Huston Tillotson University in Austin.
- Rikkie Gonzalez
- Office Manager
- Ms. Gonzalez is TTARA’s Office Manager. She has primary responsibility for all facets of office administration, including: accounting, personnel matters, meeting arrangements, and member relations. She comes to us from Corpus Christi, where she most recently was the office manager and executive assistant for Lydia Ann Channel Services. She has worked in office management and administrative services for over 6 years. Rikkie is married and has three children of canine persuasion.